Foam cores are warranted against water-absorption for a period not less than twelve (12) months,
Normal water absorption into the EPS core. EPS core may retain some moisture as a natural occurrence as the air between the EPS beads is displaced by water vapor. If the foam core becomes totally saturated from water absorption in the _rst twelve (12) months on with the standard 6mil vapour barrier, or twenty-four (24) months on covers with the upgraded 10 mil vapor barrier or thirty- six (36) months on covers made with the upgraded 14mil vapor barrier. And no other warranty excluded factors have contributed to the accelerated water absorption, the EPS core or cores in question will be replaced at no charge.
12 Months with 6 mil vapour barrier standard
24 Months with 10 mil vapour barrier upgrade $24.95
36 Months with 14 mil vapour barrier upgrade $36.95
This Seven year limited warranty is set forth on the date of purchase and is subject to the following terms, conditions, exclusions, and limitations:
- This limited warranty is non-transferable. Warranty will terminate immediately upon transfer of spa/hot tub cover ownership from the original consumer purchaser prior to the expiration date of its warranty period.
- This warranty does not cover COMMERCIAL USE spa cover installations. Commercial use shall be defined as any use of the spa in which the occupants are not the original owners of the spa cover and have either directly and/or indirectly paid for its use.
- Hot Tub Covers Canada authorizes no other agent and/or representative to change and / or augment this limited warranty in any way. Either expressed or implied, no warranty other than the words contained within will be recognized by Hot Tub Covers Canada
- THIS SPA COVER IS NOT A SAFETY COVER. IT IS NOT A CHILD-PROTECTIVE DEVICE. IT CANNOT BE WALKED ON, STOOD ON, AND/OR SAT UPON AND CANNOT HOLD EXCESSIVE WEIGHT. VINYL SPA COVERS PLACED IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT CAN GET EXTREMELY HOT AND MAY BURN.
- Hot Tub Covers Canada CANNOT BE HELD LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, FOR INJURY AND/OR DEATH TO ANY PERSON AND/OR DAMAGES TO PROPERTY THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SPA COVER.
- This warranty only covers the costs of repair and/or replacement of the warranted spa cover.
- Should you discover a defect, as covered by this limited warranty, during the warranty period:
Warranty holder shall submit written notice of the defect within fourteen (14) days of the is covery of the defect along with a copy of the original purchase receipt of the spa/hot tub cover or spa/hot tub and cover which shows the date of purchase. Failure to provide proof of original purchase automatically voids any warranty claim.
- Hot Tub Covers Canada will repair or replace, at its discretion, any defects, if upon inspection the defect is found to be covered by the warranty. The execution of cost liability for this 7 Year Limited Warranty is pro-rated as listed below.
- The repaired or replaced cover will be shipped from our facility no more than thirty (30) days from receipt of defective cover.
The following are excluded from the coverage of the warranty:
- Foam breakage and/or torn vinyl. This spa cover is not intended to be walked on, stood on, or sat upon. Foam breakage or deterioration and/or torn vinyl from excessive weight caused by rain, water, snow, excessive heat, animals, humans, and/or any other acts of God.
- Damage caused by lack of maintaining proper spa water chemistry and/or excessive use of spa water chemicals. Particular points of emphasis are pH levels, sanitizer levels, and the use of non-spa-formulated agents. See the spa cover’s manual or your local spa chemical reseller for details.
- Torn handles: Handles, if equipped, are for opening and closing the cover only. They are not designed to be used in order to carry the cover and therefore are not covered under the warranty.
- Alterations made by anyone or any company other than Hot Tub Covers Canada will void the warranty.
- Fading of vinyl and thread: This is not considered a defect, but a naturally occurring circumstance due to normal chemical maintenance, exposure to the sun, and aging of the spa/hot tub cover.
- Chaffing, scuffing, and/or worn holes in cover from dragging or storing it against sharp objects.
- Damage caused by improper installation.
- Damage caused by neglect, damage arising out of improper use of the spa cover or from the use of a cover removal system and/or damage as a result of failure to provide reasonable, periodic maintenance by the warranty holder.
- Cost of freight to and from the Hot Tub Covers Canada manufacturing facility.
- Freight cost to Hot Tub Covers Canada for warranty inspection, repair, and/or replacement is solely the responsibility of the warranty holder after the first year. Hot Tub Covers Canada prefers to avoid having the Warranty Holder physically sending back the cover except under circumstances that preclude the warranty inspection to take place by the means of images, statements and a_davits.
- If upon inspection it is determined that there is a valid warranty claim, Hot Tub Covers Canada will either repair or replace the hot tub cover based on the following pro-rata basis: 1) Within the first twelve (12) months from the date of purchase with no charge to the warranty holder.